Sunday, October 25, 2009

Beat of My Heart - Shadows on the Moon

(Mike Georgiades)
***
Send down the key to open the door
Of the room where I'm holding myself prisoner
I'm here inside with pictures of her
And the last message with her voice on my machine
Send down the peace that can take away the fear
I'm frozen only by the thought of losing her
How perfect she'll reject me only in the name of love
And leave me wanting as she folds away
Each time I hear her voice I remember just how much she meant to me
I hear it over and over and over just like the beat of my heart...
beat of my heart
Send down the love that can only heal the pain I'm living like a monk in isolation
Help me to accept all the things that I can't change I think I've had enough and I surrender
Each time I hear her voice I remember just how much she meant to me
I hear it over and over and over
Just like the beat of my heart...oh the beat of my heart
Just like the beat of my heart
Just like the beat of my heart
Just like the beat of my heart the beat of my heart
***
***

No comments: