Friday, August 12, 2011

"Catching Up With Ole Friends Cross Country Promo Tour"


July 16, 2011 After stopping in Phoenix, AZ and having dinner with my old friend and roommate Jimmy Bowen, I went onto Santa Fe, NM for a fundraiser for the New Mexico Children's Foundation.

The event was well attended, and included New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez, and my dear friends, Richard and Nedra Matteucci and many prominent members of New Mexico's business community. 

I sat on a stool and auctioned off some of my songs to the highest bidders. "Secret Agent Man" went for $1000.00 dollars. Then we auctioned off the guitar I used which Governor Martinez and I signed to the winning bidders, John & Shirley Rehders. They bid $2000.00 dollars! A great evening, for a great cause.


At: http://johnnyrivers.com/jr/photo-trip-a.html

No comments: