Sunday, April 27, 2008

Nowhere Else To Go - Johnny Rivers




Song: Nowhere Else To Go

Album: Not a Through Street

Year: 1983

(Written by Johnny Rivers)

I used to think I had it all goin’
Everything I touched turned to gold
I had women and money, fine clothes and cars
My phone was always busy and my friends were movie stars
I was always the center of attention
Everybody knew my name
My life kept on rolin’, just like a river
I was always a winner at the game
Somethin’ in my soul was missin’
Deep down I knew it couldn't last
Too many people I had stepped on
Too many tears in my past
Nobody ever really mattered
No one could say I was ever true
Then slowly I started falling for someone
Who was exactly like me too
Now my plans and dreams have all faded
Everyone I trusted let me down
The one that I loved married my best friend
And they moved to the rich side of town
I feel lost and abused and so confused
And I've never ever ever been so low
Lord I'm comin’ to you with my heart in my hand
Don't turn me away - You gotta hear what I say
Cause I've got nowhere else to go


Beautiful lyrics, isn’t it?! It’s the first song Side A on “Not a Through Street” and it was written by Johnny himself!

1 comment:

TERESA said...

Linda letra, não é? Parece que ele fala sobre si mesmo.