Monday, November 2, 2009

The American Dream - 2009

(Johnny Rivers)

Intro Shoutout (Yeah, Johnny Rivers can musically deliver; write a tune and tell the people; You Better Leave Something Beautiful Behind, y'all!!!)

All my life I worked so hard
Chasing the American Dream
Bought a great big house
A big fine car
A foolproof retirement plan
Sent my kids to school
Don't want to raise no fool
I was doing everything just right
Paid my union dues
Took my wife on a cruise
My future, man, it looked so bright
I woke up one day
Heard the newsman say
Oh no! We lost it all last night
We lost it all last night
I wanna walk that walk
I wanna talk that talk
I want to shine some light...all around
Open up my heart
I want to free my mind
I want to leave something beautiful behind
Credit card debt I can't keep score
Repo man is at my door
Got my notice just the other day
Thought my job was here to stay
But like my world is crumbling down
All my friends, they left this town
Took so much I never tried to give
Got to find a better way to live
I wanna walk that walk
I wanna talk that talk
I want to shine some light all around
Open up my heart
(Whoa) I want to free my mind
I want to leave something beautiful behind
Yeah, I want to leave something beautiful behind
It's all crumbling down...all around
Say Good Bye....say good bye
The American Dream
It's not what it seems
Say Good Bye..the American Dream
It's just a great big, a great big Ponzi scheme
Say good bye....say good bye
The American Dream
My My My..better leave something beautiful behind
(repeat)

***
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002T5F5R2/ref=dm_dp_trk13
***

No comments: